The Registrar General’s Department (RGD) is fully committed to privacy, subsequently. This statement has been formulated to disclose our information gathering methodology as well as disseminating practices for this website.
If you are submitting personal details, credit card numbers, or other information over the Internet which you wish to remain private, please note that, while all attempts are made to secure information transmitted to this website, there is however, a possibility that information submitted maybe observed by a third party while in transit.
This policy covers how the RGD treats personal information that RGD collects and receives, including information related to your past use of RGD products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
Our web site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Only certain employees have access to the information you provide us. They have access only for data analysis and quality control purposes. The Certification Authority Verisign, also certifies this site; our customers communicate securely using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL - 128bit) technology, the standard for secure communications on the Web.
- Information Collection and Use
When you visit this website, our server logs the following information which is provided by your browser for statistical purposes only:
- When you submit an application we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, and relationship. Once you submit this data, you are not anonymous to us.
- RGD collects information about your transactions.
- The date and time of your visit; and the address of the pages accessed and the documents downloaded.
- The type of browser and operating system you are using;
All of this information we use only for statistical analysis or systems administration purposes. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, except in the unlikely event of an investigation where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant.
Some pages of this Internet website provide logon to restricted access areas. To logon to these services users must contact the RGD for details. These details will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
RGD is a Goverment Agency does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies. except to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Under the guidelines of the Access to Information Act, July 2005
RGD may update this policy whenever it deems it fit and the details of which will be lodged at our website.