Every life event registered and every record safe.
- Objectives of the Registrar General's Department
- Maintain an island wide network of Local District Registrars and Marriage Officers to ensure accurate and timely registration of all vital events.
- Ensure that the public is fully informed of registration procedures to enable them to promptly and accurately give notice of all vital events to effect registration.
- Provide a central national facility for effective authentication and safekeeping of public records so that there is a secure repository for all data, concerning the registration and recording of vital events (including adoptions, nauralisations and deed polls).
- Provide access to certified copies of public documents to customers, in a timely fashion, on the payment of the appropriate fees.
- Provide timely statistics and analyses, categorised according to international standards, to support demographic planning by Government.