The Registrar General's Department (RGD) offers private weddings at an affordable cost; you have a choice of venue: an indoor decorated office at all RGD locations or an outdoor secluded garden at our Head Office.
All ceremonies are performed by a Civil Registrar or Marriage Officer. RGD is ideally suited for wedding ceremonies as the Agency trains and supervises Marriage Officers and also issues certificates of Marriage Registers.
Ceremonies are held Mondays to Thursdays 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Fridays 9:00 am to 3:00 pm and by special appointment on Saturdays between the hours of 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Couples using the service must bring along their witnesses, who should be 18 years or older, and brides may choose to wear traditional white wedding gowns, complete with veil and bouquet.
What we need from you:
- Certified copies of bride and groom's birth certificates;
- Valid identification for bride and groom (National ID, Passport, Driver's Licence, etc.);
- Occupation of bride and groom;
- If either party was previously married, marriage certificate for previous marriage, certified final divorce papers or death certificate of deceased spouse;
- The relevant fees;
What we give to you:
- A beautiful wedding ceremony in your choice of venue of an indoor decorated office at any of our 10 offices, or an outdoor garden at our Head Office;
- A marriage certificate within 3 business days of the Registry Wedding Ceremony;
- A hassle free affordable wedding;
Less Than Two (2) Weeks
- Secure minister’s Licence from the Ministry of Justice (processed through RGD within 4 working days at an additional cost of $5,000). Couples have the option of getting the Minister’s Licence on their own at the Ministry of Justice
- Bride and groom must be residing in Jamaica for a minimum of 24 hours before ceremony.